Unity 5 From Zero to Proficiency (Beginner)
A step-by-step guide to programming your first game with Unity
Buy Your Kindle Version and read the book on your tablet, your MAC or your PC for only 5$ Buy the paper back version to read the book off-line
- Understand and apply key programming principles.
- Understand and avoid common coding mistakes.
- Learn and apply best programming practices.
- Build solid programming skills.
Topics covered in this book include:
- Introduction to programming.
- Creating functions and variables.
- Variables’ scope.
- Conditional statements.
- Collision Detection.
- Setting and detecting tags from a script.
- Managing the player’s score.
- Looking for objects from a script and read/write their attributes.
- Creating a Graphical User Interface (GUI) and updating it from a script.
- Displaying messages and images onscreen.
- Loading scenes from a script.
- Activating and deactivating objects from a script.
- Adding and playing sound from a script.
- Apply Artificial Intelligence to Non-Player Characters (NPCs).
- Exporting the game for the web