A Quick Guide to 3D World and Vehicles with Unity 5
||Create 3D Worlds and Drive Vehicles in Unity in less than one hour|
If you always wanted to get started fast with the creation of 3D realistic environments or driving vehicles in Unity, then this book is for you. It is a perfect introduction to terrain 3D environment creation and it helps to become familiar with Unity's built-in tools and assets.
What you will Learn
After completing this book you will be able to:
- Create outdoors environments with terrains and include water, hills, valleys, sky-boxes, and much more
- Use built-in controllers (First- and Third-Person controllers) to walk around the 3D environment and also add and pilot a car and an aircraft.
- Manipulate a camera to see the environment from different perspectives
- Create and display the content of multiple cameras onscreen (i.e., camera tricks)
Topics covered in this book:
- Importing built-in assets.
- Using cameras to follow objects automatically.
- Design your own levels for outdoor environments.
- Creating a terrain.
- Exporting your first game for the web.
- A step-by-step approach with examples and plenty of pictures to know exactly what to do.
- Concise Instructions to get you started fast.
- A section with answers to frequently asked questions organized by themes (e.g., navigation, object creation, interface, etc.)
- It should only take you 60 minutes or less to be comfortable with creating outdoor environments or adding and driving/piloting vehicles.