Unity 5 From Zero to Proficiency (Intermediate)
||A step-by-step guide to programming your games with Unity|
In this book, you improve your coding skills and learn more programming concepts to add more activity to your game while optimizing your code. The book provides an introduction to coding in C# t. Throughout the book, you will be creating a game, and also implementing the core mechanics through scripting.
What you will Learn
After completing this book you will be able to:
- Understand and apply Object-Oriented Programming techniques in C#
- Create and use your own classes
- Use Unity's Finite State Machines
- Apply intermediate Artificial Intelligence
Topics covered in this book:
Topics covered in this book include:
- C# Programming
- Finite State Machines
- 3D Character Animation
- Rigidbody physics
- Explosions and Particles
- Navmesh (e.g., off-mesh links)
- Artificial Intelligence (based on distance, sight)
- Inventory Systems
- A step-by-step approach with examples and plenty of pictures to know exactly what to do.
- Tips to maximize your workflow.
- Quizzes to tests your knowledge at the end of each chapter.
- Challenges to use and perfect your skills at the end of each chapter.
- A section with answers to frequently asked questions organized by themes (e.g., navigation, object creation, interface, etc.)