Godot from Zero to Proficiency (Foundations)
||A stet-by-step guide to creating your first game
by Patrick Felicia
Get started with Godot and game programming fast without the headaches
Godot is a great software to create video games; however, it includes so many options and features that getting started can feel overwhelming.
Without my book, most people spend too long trying to learn how to use Godot the hard way. This book is the only one that will get you to learn Godot fast without wasting so much time. This book is the first book in the series “Godot from Zero to Proficiency” where you will learn to code fast and be able to create your own video games with Godot in no time.
What you will learn
After completing this book, you will be able to:
- Know and master the features that you need to create 3D environments for your games.
- Quickly create (and navigate through) realistic 3D indoors and outdoors environments.
- Create a 3D Maze with lights, walls, and textures.
- Create an island with sandy beaches, mountains, and water.
- Include and control a car.
- Export your games for Mac or PC.
Who this book is for
This book is for:
- Hobbyists who need a book that gets them started with Godot and game development easily.
- Parents looking for a book that introduces their children to game programming painlessly.
- Teachers looking for a complete and clear resource on programming through the creation of games.
- Aspiring indie game developers.
How this book is different
This is the only book that you need to get started with Godot fast and to enjoy the journey without the frustration. This book includes six chapters that painlessly guide you through the necessary skills to master Godot’s interface, use its core features, and create and navigate through realistic 3D environments. It assumes no prior knowledge on your part and ensures that you have all the information and explanations that you need every step of the way.
What this book offers
This book includes all the features that you need to get started with Godot and game development:
- Learn without the headaches: This book assumes that you can’t be expected to learn everything at once; this is why you will build all your skills incrementally.
- Make your dream of creating your own games come true: This book ensures that you stay motivated by giving you the right amount of information and challenge in each chapter; we all know that it’s hard to keep motivated when learning a new skill, so this book always contextualizes the knowledge with an example (so that you feel it’s relevant), and also makes sure that you get to challenge yourself, if you need to, with optional challenges present at the end of each chapter.
- Progress and feel confident in your skills: You will have the opportunity to learn and to use Godot at your own pace and to become comfortable with its interface. This is because every single new concept introduced will be explained in great detail so that you never feel lost. All the concepts are introduced progressively so that you don’t feel overwhelmed.
- Create your own games and feel awesome: With this book, you will build your 3D environments and you will spend more time creating than reading, to ensure that you can apply the concepts covered in each section. All chapters include step-by-step instructions with examples that you can use straight-away.
If you want to get started with Godot today, then buy this book now