Unity From Zero to Proficiency (Beginner)
||A step-by-step guide to programming your first game with Unity|
In this book, you will get started with coding using C#. The book provides an introduction to coding for those with no previous programming experience, and it explains how to use C# in order to create an interactive environment. Throughout the book, you will be creating a game, and also implementing the core mechanics through scripting.
What you will Learn
After completing this book you will be able to:
- Write code in C#.
- Understand and apply key programming principles.
- Understand and avoid common coding mistakes.
- Learn and apply best programming practices.
- Build solid programming skills.
Topics covered in this book:
Topics covered in this book include:
- Introduction to programming.
- Creating functions and variables.
- Variables' scope.
- Conditional statements.
- Collision Detection.
- Setting and detecting tags from a script.
- Managing the player's score.
- Looking for objects from a script and read/write their attributes.
- Creating a Graphical User Interface (GUI) and updating it from a script.
- Displaying messages and images onscreen.
- Loading scenes from a script.
- Activating and deactivating objects from a script.
- Adding and playing sound from a script.
- Apply Artificial Intelligence to Non-Player Characters (NPCs).
- Create a word guessing game.
- Create a 2D infinite runner.
- Exporting the game for the web
If you would like to start programming in C# with Unity but do not know how, then this book should be very helpful. This is a perfect introduction to programming and it will provide you with solid foundations to understand and use C# Programming.
- A step-by-step approach with examples and plenty of pictures to know exactly what to do.
- Tips to maximize your workflow.
- Quizzes to tests your knowledge at the end of each chapter.
- Challenges to use and perfect your skills at the end of each chapter.
- A section with answers to frequently asked questions organized by themes (e.g., navigation, object creation, interface, etc.)