Unity from Proficiency to Mastery: C# Programming
||Master C# with Unity
by Patrick Felicia
Newly Edited and Updated Version
Master C# with Unity
Without this book, most people spend too long trying to learn C# and Unity the hard way. This book is the only one that will get you to learn C# and use it in Unity without wasting so much time. It includes six chapters that painlessly teach you the necessary C# skills to get started with Unity and implement key game mechanics that you need to create entertaining games such as audio, detection, user-inputs, reading files, etc.
What you will learn
After completing this book, you will be able to:
- Learn C# programming concepts.
- Use C# in Unity.
- Understand how linear algebra can be used in your games.
- Implement important game features and mechanics.
- Optimize your code and the structure of your project.
Content of the book
The content of the book is as follows:
- In Chapter 1, you will become comfortable with C# programming and Object-Oriented concepts (e.g., inheritance, constructors, polymorphism, overloading, overriding, etc.).
- In Chapter 2, you will create your own scripts in Unity and learn best coding practices, as well as how to debug your code and make it work smoothly.
- In Chapter 3, you will learn how to perform useful operations with vectors, and how these can be used in Unity and your games
- In Chapter 4, you will learn how to use some of the built-in methods available from Unity, and to also implement some very important features for your game such as: changing levels, looking for objects, creating a timer, activating objects, managing user inputs, playing audio, using triggers/colliders or ray-casting, and saving data across scenes.
- In Chapter 5, you will learn how to optimize your code so that it executes faster.
If you want to master C# with Unity using a tried-and-tested method: download this book now!
- Chapter 1, Introduction to C# programming, provides an introduction to C#, so that you become comfortable with coding in C# programming and with Object-Oriented concepts.
- Chapter 2, Creating your First Script, provides step-by-step instructions so that you can start creating your own scripts in Unity and implement some of the concepts introduced in the first chapter. You will also learn best coding practices, as well las how to debug your code and make it work smoothly.
- Chapter 3, Introduction to Linear Algebra with C# for Unity, provides an introduction to vectors; you will learn how to perform useful operations with vectors, and how these can be used in Unity and your games.
- Chapter 4, Combining C# and Unity Objects, provides practical explanations on using C# in your games. It identifies and illustrates some of the key (and frequently used) functions and classes that you would normally employ to create a game in Unity; both code snippets and in-depth explanations are provided. This section can also be used as a cook book, whereby you can go straight to the section that you need for your game.
- Chapter 5, Optimizing The Structure and Efficiency of Your Code, explains how it is possible to optimize your code, and the overall structure of your game, so that your game is faster, more responsive (to provide a great user experience), and easy to maintain over time.
- Chapter 6 provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to the topics covered in this book.
- Chapter 7 summarizes the topics covered in this book and provides you with more information on the next steps to follow.