Unity from Zero To Proficiency: The Ultimate Guide
||A step-by-step guide to become proficient with unity and 3D games.|
What you will Learn
After completing this book you will be able to:
- Become comfortable with Unity's interface.
- Manipulate shapes to create an indoor environment.
- Create and apply textures and colors to objects.
- Create outdoors environments with terrains and include water, hills, valleys, sky-boxes, and much more
- Use built-in controllers (First- and Third-Person controllers) to walk around the 3D environment and also add and pilot a car and an aircraft.
- Manipulate a camera to see the environment from different perspectives
- Create and display the content of multiple cameras onscreen (i.e., camera tricks).
- Create a FPS game with weapons, ammunition, and Non-Player Characters.
- Create procedural levels.
- Create network games.
Topics covered in this book:
- Creating 3D Worlds.
- Adding Non-Player Characters.
- Driving Vehicles.
- Using Weapons.
- XML and C#.
- Procedural Levels.
- A step-by-step approach with examples and plenty of pictures to know exactly what to do.
- Tips to maximize your workflow.
- Quizzes to tests your knowledge at the end of each chapter.
- Challenges to use and perfect your skills at the end of each chapter.
- A section with answers to frequently asked questions organized by themes (e.g., navigation, object creation, interface, etc.)