In this section, we will create a word guessing game with Unity, with the following features:
- A word will be picked at random from an existing list.
- The letters of the word will be hidden.
- The players will try to guess each letter by pressing a letter on their keyboard.
- Once a letter has been discovered it will then be displayed onscreen.
- The player has a limited number of attempts to guess the word.
So, after completing this tutorial, you will be able to:
- Read words from a text file.
- Pick a random word.
- Process and assess the letters pressed by the player.
- Display the letters that were correctly guessed by the player.
- Track and display the score.
- Check when the player has used too many guesses.
Figure 1: The final game